Well...so I'm back. Kind of a silly statement because anyone who really cared would already know. :) I got back exactly 6 weeks ago and I can't believe how fast but yet monotonously slow the time has gone. Its been nice to relax and catch up with my great friends and family but I'm SO ready to dive back in and start work and school...I wonder how long it will be before I regret that statement.
It's been aprox. 19-20 months since I posted anything so maybe I'll just do a quick review of the last little chunk of my life.
So, I went on a mission. I could write all day about the wonderful experiences I shared with the beautiful people of Uruguay, but it wouldn't be the same...if you have questions or interest let me know...I'm happy to share...but more than anything I've come to learn that missions are quite a personal experience. It's amazing how one can find his/herself by forgetting about themselves and focusing all their energies on the happiness and salvation of others, you get soooo much more in return...cool stuff.
so, after 18 months of nothing but walking, talking, and preaching the word and falling absolutely in love with those Uruguayos they threw me back on a plane with ZEEERO instruction headed back to "real life".
After 27 hours, 4 airports, and less than 3 hours of sleep you can only imagine how my heart almost swelled right out of my chest when I saw my beautiful mountains. ... I was home...after sooo long and sooo much...i was back. (mixed emotions)
...and there the fam was waiting at the bottom of the escalator. Mom all but ran past security to get to me first. Larn started crying (typical :) Austin was just happy to be out of school, and there my dad stood, beaming. My beautiful girlfriends we standing there with balloons and there cameras snappin away and my incredibly supported Grandparents and aunts and uncles were all standing there patiently waiting on that cold cold march morning. What a day.(what a lucky gal I am.)
Oh ya...we were, however, short one sibling. Tyler is currently serving in the philipenes and doing AWESOME! (I wish i could say that he got the good genes from me...)
My girls are still as beautiful and fun as ever...even with their new found eternal companions...and Wendy's recent mission call to the New Mexico mission.
so my BFF decided to wait till i got home, so leave me here...alone...and go serve in New Mexico. She leaves tomorrow!! CRAZY! but its been super fun to hang out with all the girls a little more than usual...man wendy we're sure gonna miss you.
So...life is full of changes. The most recent...my venture down to bountiful. I'm now living in a beautiful new apartment with my old mission comp Synthia Smoot. We loved being comps so much we decided to be roomies. :) It still hasn't been a full day in my new place, but I already love it. Great area, great roomies, and a great ward. Lots of fun to be had this summer before school starts.
-Conclusion- its a wonderful life. it took leaving for 18 months to a 3rd world country to realize how good i really have it here..and it took coming home to realize how good i had it there. I'm learning now, how to be happy and content where I am. :)
1 comment:
love your mission pics! so cute. are you seriously living in bountiful? i feel bad you haven't come to visit! (i won't tell darren) come by sometime!
801-979-9676
Post a Comment