When I was little I always imagined when I went to the temple for the first time it would be to get married, but that would have been what a typical 21 yr old would do. It was such a great opportunity to go through as a future missionary. I totally respect all my friends who have gone through in order to be married (thats totally cool), but I'm glad I could go with a different mindset. A mindset that its my goal to help other people get to this point. That thought stuck with me all through the evening and has been on my mind all day today. I'm not going to lie, it was a lot to take in, but I'm grateful for all the support I had. Man, I cannot wait to get out of here!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
i love to see the temple
When I was little I always imagined when I went to the temple for the first time it would be to get married, but that would have been what a typical 21 yr old would do. It was such a great opportunity to go through as a future missionary. I totally respect all my friends who have gone through in order to be married (thats totally cool), but I'm glad I could go with a different mindset. A mindset that its my goal to help other people get to this point. That thought stuck with me all through the evening and has been on my mind all day today. I'm not going to lie, it was a lot to take in, but I'm grateful for all the support I had. Man, I cannot wait to get out of here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You're so, so funny!!! I love that I know have your blog!! Seriously, you're a wonderful writer. I am so excited for you to go on a mission. I am living through you right now recalling all the experiences I had at the same stage in my life. The months leading up to actually going were, like you, filled with wonderful (cough, cough) experiences. Make sure you start your mission journal now. You are officially called (although not set apart)--- but, once the white envelope comes, so does the "master of disaster" if you know what I mean. What you can take from all of this (the robbery, hives, and future events to come) is something that will be incredibly valuable on your mission. (Ask any RM to verify this). When you're out teaching folks the gospel and they are ready to make those changes in their lives and unite in baptism-- they will have darts of discouragement thrown at them, as you're being thrown them now. They'll have family and friends turn against them, lose a job, get into a car accident--- whatever... it's guaranteed that something or somethings will try to prevent them to make their baptismal goal. Just like what's happening to you now. You are about to embark on the best thing you can do (besides marry and have babies) in this mortal life. Of course obstacles will come and try to get you down. However, you are already aware and are beating the master at his age-old game. Go Sister White!!! In any event, please keep in touch. Send your MTC address when you can. Will you keep blogging on your mission?
The Lord works many miracles and one of those are his beautiful temples and the amazing blessings they bring into our lives. I'm so excitd for you that you were able to attend the temple for the firsst time. You will never forget the overwhelming love from your heavenly father and feelings that you felt that day. And when you do go thru to be sealed to your best friend, you will feel all those things again but in a different light. To know that you made it, that your spouse made and that you and him will have an eternal family... Wow! I love it! I love you linds and i'll be sad to see you go but so happy and excited at the same time. I always wanted to go on a mission, but we each have our special missions at certain times in our lives! ;)
Lynds. You are so great. I love you and I will miss you! Seriously. You are so amazing. And so are you CR.
That was truly a beautiful day, and the Lord's temples bring about so many beautiful miracles in our lives. Lynds, you have been called to serve! Wow, I can only imagine what that would be like. May I share one small scripture with you that comes to mind...
Eccl. 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...
You are awesome lynds, and I can see so much good shining throughout your life. If you continue to keep your eye single to the glory of God, he will forever guide and bless you!
I love ya lynds!!!
That was truly a beautiful day, and the Lord's temples bring about so many beautiful miracles in our lives. Lynds, you have been called to serve! Wow, I can only imagine what that would be like. May I share one small scripture with you that comes to mind...
Eccl. 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...
You are awesome lynds, and I can see so much good shining throughout your life. If you continue to keep your eye single to the glory of God, he will forever guide and bless you!
I love ya lynds!!!
Post a Comment