Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Shirley Temple!


Waking up, I thought it was going to be just another ordinary day of spelling tests, art projects and recess...then the wave of nausea hits and my head starts spinning and even though I feel like crap, I smile and realize I am one of the lucky few that gets to be absent from homeroom. Not only that but its going to be a day full of old Shirley Temple movies. After mom calls the school, I know whats coming next. GRANDMA! Its only a matter of minutes before she shows up with a new Shirley Temple movie and a bag full of get-better-goodies.
By 4th grade (sick child) I knew every line by heart. From "Bright Eyes" to "Curly Top" (my favorite). Anyways. . . I always thought she was my own age, and wished we could be friends. Little did I know she was old enought to be my great grandma. She has lived an awesome life! Thanks Shirley for making my sick days something to look forward too? :)


Happy Birthday

2 comments:

WHEN DEE said...

my grandpa pete was a reporter back in the day and got the opportunity to interview Shirley Temple.

that's all.

--Laura Pawlowich

WHEN DEE said...

Wow. Cool Laura. I like you lynds.

-Wendy York